Learn about recent advances in Obstetrics, Gynaecology and Perinatal Medicine
28 - 29 November 2019 | Galway
The fifth Irish Congress of Obstetrics, Gynaecology and Perinatal Medicine (ICOGPM) will take place on 28 and 29 November 2019 in the Galway Bay Hotel.
This national conference is a unique opportunity to hear from experts representing a wide range of organisations involved in Obstetrics, Gynaecology and Perinatal Medicine, including
- The Institute of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists at RCPI
- The Irish Perinatal Society
- Continence Foundation Ireland
- Irish Gynaecological Endoscopy Society
- Irish Fertility Society
- Irish Society of Gynaecological Oncology
- Junior Obstetrics and Gynaecology Society (JOGS)
Current controversies in obstetrics and gynaecology
The theme of this year's Congress is current controversies in obstetrics and gynaecology. Topics to be explored include:
- Evolving a Data-driven approach to surgical training
- long-term consequences of childbirth on the female pelvic floor
- Recurrent UTI in the Urobiome Era
- Cervical Cancer from a European perspective
- Establishing a Preterm Birth Prevention Service
- Biomarkers in the Prediction of Preterm Birth
- Antenatal Corticosteroids: An update
- non-cyclical chronic pelvic pain
- Fetal Surgery for Neural Tube Defects
View 2019 ICOGPM conference programme
Hear from leading national and international experts
We are delighted to announce the following confirmed speakers:
- Professor Andrew Shennan, Professor of Obstetrics at King’s College London, based at St. Thomas’ Hospital, UK. Professor Shennan will deliver a lecture on pre-term birth
- Dr Maria Gyhagen, gynecologist and researcher, Gothenburg University, Sweden
- Professor Philippe Morice, Head of the gynecological surgery department, Institut de Cancérologie Gustave Roussy, France. Professor Morice will deliver a lecture on Cervical Cancer from a European perspective
- Professor Jan Deprest, Professor of Obstetrics and Gynaecology at Katholieke Universiteit Leuven and its University Hospitals Leuven (Belgium) and University College London Hospitals (UK). Professor Depresent will deliver a lecture on Fetal Surgery for Neural Tube Defects
- Professor Linda Brubaker, Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences, University of California San Diego
Hear from leading experts
Speakers' biographies will be added here as they are received.
Professor Linda Brubaker
Linda Brubaker, MD, MS is a board-certified FPMRS specialist at the University of California San Diego. She is a prolific researcher with well over 300 publications and multiple NIH awards, including serving as a PI for the NIDDK Prevention of Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms (PLUS) Research Consortium.
Her current research focus is the human urobiome, recurrent UTI and bladder health.
She is an Associate Editor for JAMA and the Editor in Chief for the Journal of FPMRS.
Dr. Brubaker has an illustrious academic profile, including service as the Dean of the Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine for nearly 6 years.
Dr. Brubaker has received multiple awards which include the Lifetime Achievement Award (American Urogynecologic Society), induction into AOA (2013), Alpha Sigma Nu, the Jesuit Honor Society, the 2007 APGO Excellence in Teaching Award, the 2003 Rush Medical College Distinguished Alumnus Award and the various Faculty Teaching Awards.
She has served as the president (and program chairs) of both the American Urogynecologic Society as well as the Society of Gynecologic Surgeons. She recently completed her term as the Division Director for the FPMRS division of ABOG.