This one-hour online course provides a practical introduction to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and its application in the clinical setting.
You will see how this legislation impacts your day-to-day role. You will learn about best practice when processing personal data, key GDPR principles, data subjects' rights, data sharing and confidentiality and data breaches in a clinical setting.
You will learn about:
- The background and context of the General Data Protection Regulation
- Key data protection requirements in the workplace
- Data subjects' rights and how to protect these rights
- Applying GDPR-compliant processes for data security and confidentiality
- How to report a data breach in the workplace
- How to implement effective data protection policies and procedures in the workplace
This course has been specially developed for all healthcare professionals and is highly recommended if you are not sure how GDPR impacts on those working in a clinical setting.
When you book this course it will be available to you in our elearning environment RCPI Brightspace for 12 months.