Watch recorded lectures from our Clinical Updates on COVID-19
Lectures from 20 May event now online
Here you can access our full online archive of past COVID-19 lectures in RCPI.
Our next COVID-19 clinical update will be broadcast as a webinar on Wednesday 3 June 2020 at 5pm (Our webinar on 27 May will focus on obesity). We plan to hold these webinars every Wednesday at 5pm for the foreseeable future. The following day, lectures will be added to Panopto, our video sharing platform, where you can watch them in your own time.
Click on the link below to access these videos in Panopto.
Note, this educational material is for a medical audience only.
Talks available to watch now
Talks now available to watch in this lecture series are listed below.
From our event on 20 May 2020
- Dr Eoghan de Barra, Infectious Diseases Consultant, Beaumont Hospital - Covid-19: Update on treatment
- Dr Cian McDermott, Emergency Medicine consultant with a special interest in point of care ultrasound (POCUS), Mater Misericordiae University Hospital, and Dr Brian McCullagh, Respiratory Medicine Consultant and General Physician, Mater Misericordiae University Hospital - Lung Ultrasound for Covid-19 - Sounding out a Virus
- Dr John Davis Coakley, Consultant in Intensive Care Medicine and Anaesthesiology, St James’s Hospital - ICU update
From our event on 13 May 2020
- Professor Patricia Fitzpatrick, Professor of Epidemiology & Biomedical Statistics, UCD; Consultant in Preventative Medicine, St Vincent's University Hospital - Potential issues with international comparisons of SARS-CoV-2
- Dr Mary Keogan, Consultant Immunologist, Beaumont Hospital Dublin; National Clinical Lead for Pathology - SARS CoV-2 - An update on testing
- Professor Didier Sornette, Economist; Professor on the Chair of Entrepreneurial Risks at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich; Professor of the Swiss Finance Institute - Analysing, modelling and interpreting COVID-19 data, a complex system approach
From our event on 6 May 2020
- Dr Barbara Murphy, Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, New York - Acute Renal Failure: Experience from the frontline in New York
- Dr Eimear Smith, Medical Director, Spinal Cord System of Care, National Rehabilitation Hospital - Post-Covid syndrome and rehabilitation
- Dr Niamh O’Connell, Consultant Haematologist, National Director, National Coagulation Centre, St James's Hospital - Thrombosis and Haematology issues in Covid-19 patients
- Professor Karina Butler, UCD Professor of Clinical Paediatrics and infectious disease specialist at Children’s Health Ireland - Evolving issues in paediatrics: Kawasaki Disease and Toxic Shock
From our Faculty of Pathology event on 30 April 2020
- Dr Cillian De Gascun, Director, National Virus Reference Laboratory & Chair, Coronavirus Expert Advisory Group, whose talk is entitled Building laboratory capacity in the setting of a Pandemic: is not the ideal time
- Dr Una Ní Riain, Consultant Microbiologist, Galway University Hospital, whose talk is entitled Introduction of Testing for SARS-CoV-2 in a Hospital Clinical Laboratory
- Dr Mary Keogan, Consultant Immunologist, Beaumont Hospital Dublin & National Clinical Lead for Pathology, whose talk is entitled Antibodies to SARS CoV-2: the good, the bad and the ugly
- Dr Clive Kilgallen, Consultant Histopathologist, Sligo University Hospital & Chair, Histopathology Working group, Faculty of Pathology RCPI, whose talk is entitled Autopsy recommendations during the Covid-19 Pandemic
- Professor William Gallagher, Chair, HSE Laboratory R&D Product Solutions Group; Director, UCD Conway Institute, whose talk is entitled How Academic & Industrial Networks May Contribute to SARS-CoV-2 Testing Response
From our event on 29 April 2020
- Older Adults and COVID-19 - Dr Siobhan Kennelly, National Clinical Lead, National Clinical Programme for Older Persons
- Irish Residential Care Facilities and COVID-19 - Professor Sean Kennelly, Geriatrician, Tallaght University Hospital
- End of Life Care - Professor Karen Ryan, Palliative Care, Mater Misericordiae University Hospital
- Use of Frailty Assessment - Professor Shaun O'Keeffe, Geriatrician, Galway University Hospitals
- Case Presentations from the Mater Hospital - Dr Tara McGinty, Consultant in Infectious Diseases, Mater Misericordiae University Hospital
From our event on 22 April 2020
- Professor Richard Costello, Professor of Respiratory Medicine, Beaumont Hospital RCSI; Vice President of RCPI; Consultant Respiratory Medicine - ACCORD: Update on data and outcomes
- Professor Sean Dinneen, National Lead for the Diabetes Clinical Programme; Senior Lecturer in Medicine, NUI Galway; Consultant Endocrinologist - Covid-19 and Diabetic Care in Ireland
- Professor Paddy Mallon, Professor of Microbial Diseases, UCD School of Medicine; Consultant in Infectious Diseases, and Dr Eoin Feeney, Consultant in Infectious Diseases - Clinical Update from IDSI - Epidemiology and case based discussions
From our event on 15 April 2020
- Dr Ronan Glynn, Deputy Chief Medical Officer, Department of Health - Organisation of the National Response
- Professor Kevin Wilson, Professor, Boston University School of Medicine; Chief, Documents & Patient Education, American Thoracic Society - Developing consensus guidelines for treating Covid-19
- Professor Eleanor Molloy, Professor of Paediatrics and Child Health, Trinity College Dublin; Consultant Neonatologist and Paediatrician, Children's Health Ireland at Tallaght and Crumlin and Coombe University Hospital - Immunology of Covid-19 Infection: Lessons from Paediatrics
- Professor Paul Moynagh, Department Head, Maynooth University Department of Biology - Serological Testing in Covid-19
From our event on 8 April 2020
- Dr Jennifer Donnelly, Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist, Rotunda Hospital on Covid-19 in pregnancy
- Dr Deirdre Morley, ICU Consultant in the Royal Free Hospital, London, on ICU: The London experience
- Professor Anthony O’Regan, Dean of the Institute of Medicine and Consultant in Respiratory and Internal Medicine in University Hospital Galway, on NIV non intensivist
- Dr Catherine Fleming, Consultant in Infectious Diseases, University Hospital Galway, on clinical cases and status
From our event on 1 April 2020
- Professor David N. Fisman, Infectious Diseases Physician and Professor of Epidemiology at the Dalla Lana School of Public Health, University of Toronto, Canada, on Modelling the spread of COVID-19
- Professor John Laffey, Professor of Anaesthesia at the School of Medicine, NUI, and a Consultant in Anaesthesia and Intensive Care Medicine at Galway University Hospitals, on Pathophysiology and Management of Acute Respiratory Failure in COVID-19
- Dr Siobhán O'Sullivan, Chief Bioethics Officer, An Roinn Sláinte/ Department of Health on an Ethical Framework for Decision-Making in a Pandemic
- Professor Richard Costello, Consultant Physician in Respiratory Medicine at Beaumont Hospital Dublin and Director of Research at RCPI on The Beaumont Hospital Respiratory Department response to COVID-19
From our event on 25 March 2020
- Professor Luke O’Neill, professor of Biochemistry in the School of Biochemistry and Immunology at Trinity College Dublin, on "Covid 19: Pathogenesis and impact on clinical presentations and therapeutic considerations"
- Dr Catherine Fleming, consultant in infectious diseases and National Specialty Director of Infectious Diseases at RCPI, on “Clinical Update from the front line in Ireland"
- Dr Oisin O'Connell, Consultant Respiratory Physician and Interventional Pulmonologist, on "Lessons from other countries: From Suppression to Herd Immunity"
From our event on 18 March 2020
- Prof Colm Bergin, Consultant Physician in Infectious Diseases, St James’s Hospital, Dublin and Clinical Professor of Medicine at Trinity College Dublin - Latest update epidemiology
- Dr Aoife Cotter, Consultant in Infectious Diseases at the Mater Misericordiae and St Vincent’s University Hospitals- Clinical presentation and management
- Dr John Bates, Dean, Joint Faculty of Intensive Care Medicine - Role of ICU in Management
- Dr Fiona Cianci, Specialist in Public Health Medicine working at HPSC - Public Health Response
- Dr Cillian De Gascun, Director of the National Virus Reference Laboratory and Chair of the HSE’s Coronavirus Expert Advisory Group - Lab Diagnosis: what we need to know
- Dr Lynda Sisson, Dean of the Faculty of Occupational Medicine at the Royal College of Physicians of Ireland - Exposure to COVID-19: A guide for healthcare workers
- Dr Breda Smyth, Specialist in Public Health Medicine, HSE - What can we expect - modelling
How to access these recordings
You will be brought to Panopto, our video sharing platform. You will need to sign in with your username and password for the RCPI website.