Watch recorded lectures from our Clinical Updates on COVID-19
Lectures from 8 April event now online
Here you can access our full online archive of past COVID-19 lectures in RCPI.
Our next COVID-19 clinical update will be broadcast as a webinar on Wednesday 15 April 2020 at 5pm. We plan to hold these webinars every Wednesday at 5pm for the foreseeable future. The following day, lectures will be added to Panopto, our video sharing platform, where you can watch them in your own time.
Click on the link below to access these videos in Panopto.
Note, this educational material is for a medical audience only.
Talks available to watch now
Talks now available to watch in this lecture series are listed below.
From our event on 8 April 2020
- Dr Jennifer Donnelly, Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist, Rotunda Hospital on Covid-19 in pregnancy
- Dr Deirdre Morley, ICU Consultant in the Royal Free Hospital, London, on ICU: The London experience
- Professor Anthony O’Regan, Dean of the Institute of Medicine and Consultant in Respiratory and Internal Medicine in University Hospital Galway, on NIV non intensivist
- Dr Catherine Fleming, Consultant in Infectious Diseases, University Hospital Galway, on clinical cases and status
From our event on 1 April 2020
- Professor David N. Fisman, Infectious Diseases Physician and Professor of Epidemiology at the Dalla Lana School of Public Health, University of Toronto, Canada, on Modelling the spread of COVID-19
- Professor John Laffey, Professor of Anaesthesia at the School of Medicine, NUI, and a Consultant in Anaesthesia and Intensive Care Medicine at Galway University Hospitals, on Pathophysiology and Management of Acute Respiratory Failure in COVID-19
- Dr Siobhán O'Sullivan, Chief Bioethics Officer, An Roinn Sláinte/ Department of Health on an Ethical Framework for Decision-Making in a Pandemic
- Professor Richard Costello, Consultant Physician in Respiratory Medicine at Beaumont Hospital Dublin and Director of Research at RCPI on The Beaumont Hospital Respiratory Department response to COVID-19
From our event on 25 March 2020
- Professor Luke O’Neill, professor of Biochemistry in the School of Biochemistry and Immunology at Trinity College Dublin, on "Covid 19: Pathogenesis and impact on clinical presentations and therapeutic considerations"
- Dr Catherine Fleming, consultant in infectious diseases and National Specialty Director of Infectious Diseases at RCPI, on “Clinical Update from the front line in Ireland"
- Dr Oisin O'Connell, Consultant Respiratory Physician and Interventional Pulmonologist, on "Lessons from other countries: From Suppression to Herd Immunity"
From our event on 18 March 2020
- Prof Colm Bergin, Consultant Physician in Infectious Diseases, St James’s Hospital, Dublin and Clinical Professor of Medicine at Trinity College Dublin - Latest update epidemiology
- Dr Aoife Cotter, Consultant in Infectious Diseases at the Mater Misericordiae and St Vincent’s University Hospitals- Clinical presentation and management
- Dr John Bates, Dean, Joint Faculty of Intensive Care Medicine - Role of ICU in Management
- Dr Fiona Cianci, Specialist in Public Health Medicine working at HPSC - Public Health Response
- Dr Cillian De Gascun, Director of the National Virus Reference Laboratory and Chair of the HSE’s Coronavirus Expert Advisory Group - Lab Diagnosis: what we need to know
- Dr Lynda Sisson, Dean of the Faculty of Occupational Medicine at the Royal College of Physicians of Ireland - Exposure to COVID-19: A guide for healthcare workers
- Dr Breda Smyth, Specialist in Public Health Medicine, HSE - What can we expect - modelling
How to access these recordings
You will be brought to Panopto, our video sharing platform. You will need to sign in with your username and password for the RCPI website.